Physical activity and getting fresh air are important for our overall physical and mental wellness. There are ways to be active either at home or outside while keeping physical distance and being safe.
Most neighbourhood sidewalks, streets, multi-use trails and dog parks are all available to get outside and get moving. When using these facilities, some ways to stay safe:
- Step-aside or pass others quickly and courteously on sidewalks.
- Keep two metres (six feet) distance from others or wear a mask if this is not possible.
- When moving at a fast pace (such as when running or cycling), it is best to stay as far away from others as possible.
- If you must be behind another runner or cyclist, stay well back and try to stagger yourselves so as to not be directly behind them.
- Avoid times when large numbers of people are using facilities
Now that you’re acting in a safe manner… Please join us in the celebration:
1. Showusyourmoves online – post a picture or video with the tag line #showusyourmoves or #bougeavecnous
2. Host an event – please add begin by registering your listing here
3. Join one of our many partners by finding an online virtual or in person event here.
Look forward to celebrating with you.